Please login to make posts.

• The Alternate Memories Forums

Space X Manned Flight Returned May 31, 2020

lawatters , August 11 2020, 01:46
L
lawatters 2
August 11 2020, 01:46 #181
Okay, so this one is more than just changes in names or phrases, this is an entire recent event.
The SpaceX Crew Dragon Demo 2 splashed down in the Gulf of Mexico August 2, 2020. That is verifiable on the internet, with at least this source: https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/02/tech/nasa-spacex-crew-dragon-mission-sunday-scn/index.html.
And here is my memory of the SpaceX flight from May 30 and 31 2020:
As this was the first American Manned space flight since the 1970's, I was interested in watching the event, which I did on YouTube on Saturday and Sunday, May 30 and 31, 2020. I'm pretty sure it was a video from NASA itself, with 2 hosts giving flight updates and expectations of upcoming events.
On Saturday, I watch the liftoff and the rapid ascent into space, with the release of the rocket, which was simultaneously shown as a video of its descent as the capsule continued on towards the ISS. I watched the Falcon rocket descend and land on the autonomous landing platform, successfully.
As the capsule had a 19 hour journey to the ISS, I tuned in again on Sunday to watch the successful docking.
So far, this is all viewable from footage available on the internet.
On August 2nd, I started seeing news events about the splashdown of a SpaceX capsule in the Gulf of Mexico as it couldn't splash down in the Atlantic due to a Hurricane. I though to myself, that is weird, when did they send up another crew, especially so fast after the first one at the end of May. As I did some further research, the reports were saying that Bob and Doug had been at the ISS for a couple of months.
I started to do some research on the internet and could find nothing of the SaceX crew returning to Earth on May 31, 2020. So now I was very perplexed.
Keep this in mind. I had not watched any of the footage from the August 2nd splashdown.at this point. This is what I remember from "watching" the crew's return to Earth on May 31, 2020.
  1. The departure of the SpaceX Capsule from ISS
  2. The deployment of three parachutes from the SpaceX Capsule
  3. The splashdown
  4. The speed boats from two sides racing towards the capsule as soon as it splashed down
  5. The Capsule being loaded onto the hauler (that is what I call it) and the close up shots of the capsule on the vessel
Everything worked perfectly.
Now, two notable differences between my May 31st memory and that from the August 2nd splashdown;
  1. May 31, the capsule landed in the Atlantic Ocean (as there was no hurricane), the August 2 capsule landed in the Gulf of Mexico
  2. May 31, the Falcon had no video blackout, Current video shows the Falcon having a brief video blackout
So, I did eventually watch some of the video of the August 2nd event, and it was exactly how it happened on May 31, except for the two noted differences.
One other difference is the May 31st mission wasn't called Dragon Demo 2, although I cannot remember what is was called.
Needless to say, I was in shock. How could I have witnessed the splashdown two months earlier in such detail, to find out that apparently it didn't "really" happen. I honestly started to question my own sanity. I have heard of the Mandela Effect before, but nothing like this where it was a whole event, not just a name or phrase change. That is why I needed to post this to possibly see if anyone else had experienced the May 31st splashdown.
Hope to hear from someone regarding this.